As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
To avoid mess and confusion we’ve decided to devote this article to the best single cake pans – we’ll write about cake pan sets in some of the future articles. Also, we’ve divided this article into two parts – one containing best round pans, and the other regarding best square pans on the market. Another thing we have to mention is that this article contains only pans made of metal.
We thought that this way you’ll get a better insight into all the diversity this huge baking pan market has and that it will be easier for you to decide which of the 10 cake pans in this article, best suits your needs. So let’s start!
1. Cuisinart Chef's Classic Nonstick Bakeware Round Cake PanThis cake pan is one of Amazon’s choices for round cake pans. It’s made of high-quality gauge aluminized steel which enables even heat distribution. The exterior and interior of the pan are non-stick coated. Also, it’s dishwasher safe.
This classic 9-inch piece of bakeware, with extra-thick smooth rolled edges, comes from Cuisinart and Cuisinart kitchen products are the synonym for quality. The same goes for this one. It’s thick and sturdy cake pan which bakes evenly. It is also rust-proof and easy to clean.
The only consideration some reviewers had is that the cake sticks to the bottom, despite the greasing of the bottom before baking. So it’s either a human factor or the issue that this cake pan has. You be the judge.Check Price
This 9-inch baking pan is made of gauged stainless steel, with a non-stick interior, and interlocking layers for a better release. Such a design is also useful to prevent mixture leaking. The honeycomb-textured bottom makes the heat flow evenly and a non-sticking coat is made with environmentally-friendly materials, without the use of chemicals like BPA, PTFE, and PFOA. Non-sticking, in case of this cake pan, means that there is no need for greasing and flouring the pan. It’s recommended to clean it using your hands only, so keep that in mind.
This is a great cake pan (not just the cheesecake pan, like its title says), which does what it says, and all that at a very affordable price.Check Price
3. Fat Daddio's Round Cake PanFat Daddio’s round cake pan is made of anodized aluminum, which means it’s stronger and safer, and it quickly reaches the optimal temperature.
Also, it releases the heat quicker than stainless- steel made baking pans. There are no chemicals or any other metals used during the anodizing process.
To avoid sticking, spray it with oil spray before aligning with parchment paper. It’s sturdy, easy to use and clean, and it’s recommended to clean it with your hands, hot water, and dish soap.
As advertised it fits on 3, 6, and 8-quart pressure cookers and 3.4, 4, 5.3, and 10-quart air-fryers. It comes with a lifetime warranty, so, why don’t give it a try?Check Price
4. Instant Pot Official Round Cake PanThis 7-inch round cake pan is a multi-device – it can be used for cooking, baking, storing, reheating, and so on. It’s very durable, which means that it’s made to be used from refrigerator to instant pot. Also, it perfectly fits with 6-quart and 8-quart cookers but can be used in an air-fryer as well. It’s the best seller in its category.
Made of high-quality steel with a non-stick interior, this cake pan is also, dishwasher safe, but you can easily clean it with hot water and dish soap.
It makes it easy to release the cake from the pan, but if you want to make it even easier you can use cooking spray or put a baking paper on the bottom of the pan.Check Price
5. USA Pan Bakeware Round Cake PanThis USA made 8-inch round cake pan is something completely different compared to its competitors. It’s made of high-quality gauge aluminized steel and coated with Americoat non-stick coating, PTFE, BPA, and PFOA free. It also has a unique design that provides it with a better release of all baked goods and the ability to spread the heat so evenly, that you’ll be surprised.
To cut long story short – the pan is of very good quality, and very heavy; it bakes evenly, and everything baked slides right of the pan. It’s easy to clean, and, although the price seems a bit high, don’t hesitate – go and get one, you won’t regret it.Check Price
6. CHEFMADE Square Cake PanMade of 0.8-inch thick carbon steel, this 8-inch square pan with removable bottom makes Amazon’s choice for “tiramisu pan”. It’s coated with silicone-free of any harmful chemicals like PTFE, PFOA, or BPA.
It heats fast and evenly with low energy consumption – which makes it the most energy-efficient pan on this list. You can bake absolutely anything in it. It’s one of the highest-rated products in the category and one of those, nicely designed, easy to use, and clean items that you can’t go wrong with.Check Price
7. USA Pan Bakeware Square Cake PanThis is an 8-inch square cake pan made of high-quality gauge aluminized steel, manufactured in the USA. Everything we said for its round mate, works for this square pan, too – it has unique design; it’s Americoated, non-stick silicone coated with materials free of BPA, PTFE, and PFOA. It’s recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water and clean with a gentle scrub.
Overall, it’s a heavyweight and heavy-duty high-quality pan, worth every single dollar. We highly recommend it.Check Price
8. Wilton Performance Pans Aluminum Square Cake and Brownie PanThis is Amazon’s choice for square and rectangular cake pans. It’s a 12 inch modern and elegant pan made of high-quality aluminum. It bakes evenly, with no dry edges. Don’t let the weight of this cake pan confuses you – it is lightweight but heavy-duty pan.
It’s recommended to wash in warm, soapy water before first and each next use for best results.
The quality and price are good, and the Wilton is a well-known brand itself, so why don’t give it a chance?Check Price
9. Calphalon Nonstick BakewareThis 8-inch pan is made of high-quality heavy-gauge steel, coated with interlocking non-stick layers which release the content of the pan twice as easy as usual bakeware. But even though it’s a non-stick item, it’s still recommended to use oil and flour before baking.
It’s a very durable yet practical and nice to the eye pan.
The only consideration we could think of is the raised Calphalon on the bottom of the pan, which will transfer on the bottom of the cake unless you cover it with a parchment paper.
It’s worth mentioning that it’s backed with a full lifetime warranty, so you can’t go wrong with this one.Check Price
10. Fat Daddio's Square Cake PanLike the previous one, this square cake pan is made of aluminum, more specifically anodized aluminum, just like its rounded twin we mentioned above. This way processed aluminum heats quicker but it quickly releases the heat, and it’s environmentally-friendly.
It might seem pricier than the average square cake pans, but we must admit it’s a huge upgrade compared to “cheaper” products in this article. The baking experience it provides is simply incomparable.
Also, the pan is strong and it doesn’t scratch. Another thing worth mentioning is that its corners are square-shaped, not rounded at all, which gives the more elegant and professional appearance with its clean lines.
Overall, it’s a great pan, and we must admit our favorite one. We highly recommend it.Check Price
Image source: Amazon Product Advertising API
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Last update on 2023-01-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API