As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
As usual, higher prices don’t necessarily mean better products. The same goes for electric knives.
In this article we’ve tried to make a round-up of affordable yet effective electric knives, narrowing down the selection to the, in our opinion, five best ones. The choice of the best electric knife, which suits your needs best, as in most of the articles, we’ve left for you.
The most important thing you should always have in mind when cutting with an electric knife is to avoid hitting the bones and it should last for years.
Once you get one of these, you’ll ask yourself why you’ve been waiting so long to purchase an electric knife. In case, you want to replace the old one, we hope you’ll find something that fits your needs and the wallet.
1. Hamilton Beach Electric Knife for Carving Meats, Poultry, Bread, Crafting Foam & MoreThis might be the best electric knife you’ll find on the market for the money. It cuts everything, from vegetables, meat, and bread to crafting foam.
It comes with serrated stainless steel blades and fork. It’s also ergonomically designed so it fits nicely in almost every hand (actually mid-sized man’s hand). It feels strong and reliable as well.
This electric knife does a great job producing thick or thin slices of meat, as per your needs. It works perfectly even with thick meat.
Also, it’s worth mentioning, it has a nice long electric cord, which makes carving big pieces of meat even easier. The storage case is great – secure and hard, and the fork is surprisingly sturdy.
Removable blades and plastic body are very easy to clean.
Just allow it to cool down when it gets hot, which could be the case with prolonged use, such as carving a large turkey.
It comes with a 2 years warranty. So what more to expect at this price?Check Price
2. Oster Electric knifeThis is another great electric knife for a very reasonable cost. It’s very well made and comes with a carving fork and a very durable shiny storage case.
Lightweight and easy to use, as it is, makes an excellent way for carving the holiday turkey (but for the cushion foam, too). It’s ergonomically designed so you’ll feel comfortable during long cutting sessions.
It takes practice to make thin and neat slices, but you’ll fairly quickly get used to it.
You’ll like the thumb button on this electric knife which works in the same direction as the pressure you’re applying. The non-slip pad is also very useful.
If you notice it heating up, take a break of cutting and let it cool down for a while.
The only consideration that comes to our mind is that it could be a little stronger.
All in all, this electric knife works like a charm and we highly recommend it.Check Price
3. Chefman Electric KnifeFruits, vegetables, meat, and cheese – this electric knife carves it all. And yes, you can carve up a turkey breast in only a couple of minutes.
It’s sturdy and very heavy duty and runs smoothly. It’s a bit bigger compared to other electric knives in this article.
Ergonomic rubberized handle makes it easy for right or left-handed use.
Just like the other electric knives on this list, it comes with a storage case and a carving fork, but it also has a safety lock which is very convenient and useful. The blades and the fork are dishwasher safe, but make sure to follow all safety precautions.
Longer blades are the only consideration we could think of.
So, yes, overall, this is a great electric knife. You can’t beat the price and quality, and we recommend it.Check Price
4. Cuisinart CEK-30 Electric KnifeThis is probably the highest-rated electric knife on the internet. It’s a heavy solid knife that will impress you. It cuts through almost anything, although, the blades are made for a specific purpose – bread and meat. It’s quiet and cuts very easily.
The safety lock button is a nice added feature – once clicked it stays in a locked or unlocked position. But when we came to safety, it’s all same like with a regular knife – the results are up to the operator. Blade’s teeth are very sharp so be careful when cleaning them.
The price point is great, too.
There are some considerations, though.
It doesn’t come with a storage box, so you’ll need to find some card box, or whatever, to keep all the parts together. And there is another thing. While cutting, the “ON” button needs to be pressed and held down all the time, so it gets a bit tiresome, especially if you are doing a lot of carving.
But there are two other options from Cuisinart if you considering buying an electric knife – an electric knife with one blade and a fork, an electric knife with two blades.Check Price
5. Proctor Silex Easy Slice Electric KnifeIf you’re looking for a decent tool for cutting meat, bread, and foam, and all that at an affordable price, then this might be the electric knife for you. It’s effective and affordable and will make carving the turkey, roasts, or the ham, not to mention the salamis and pepperonis, an absolute breeze.
It also works well for crafting.
Also, you’ll love the safety feature – the knife will not cut unless the button is being held down.
It’s pretty quiet compared to other electric knives.
The blades are serrated, but they could be a bit sharper and a bit longer.
Do not cover the vent holes when cutting, the knife gets hot during the use so make sure you don’t overheat the motor.
Also, have in mind, when cutting the crusty bread; you need to do it slowly to get the best results.
Anyway, you’ll get used to it.
It’s easy to use and easy to clean, and it actually works better than some of the more expensive ones. So the rest is up to you.Check Price
Image source: Amazon Product Advertising API
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Last update on 2023-01-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API